When you use this website, we process your personal data as data controllers and save them for the duration required to fulfill the defined purposes and legal obligations. The sections below provide further details about the data this involves, how they will be processed and which rights you have in this regard.
Personal data, as defined by Article 4 (1) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) include all information related to an identified or identifiable natural person.
This data protection information applies to data processing all project websites of our project Octane, as well as to all associated project service offers in the form of web utilities or mobile apps (hereinafter: Website to facilitate readability), in each case whenever reference is made to this data protection information. The controller is:
zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
Hansastrasse 27 c,
80686 München, Germany
on behalf of its
Fraunhofer Institute of Optronics, System Technologies and Image Exploitation IOSB IOSB
(hereinafter referred to as Fraunhofer-IOSB)
The corporate data protection officer at Fraunhofer can be reached at the above-mentioned address in Munich, c/o Data Protection Officer or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to contact the data protection officer directly at any time with your questions concerning your data protection rights and/or your rights as data subject.
When visiting the website
You may access our website without having to disclose any details on your identity. The browser installed on your device merely transmits information automatically to the server of our website (e.g., browser type and version, date and time of access) to enable a connection with the website. This includes the IP address of your requesting device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file and will be deleted after 4 Wochen.
Your IP address is processed for technical and administrative purposes regarding connection set-up and stability, to guarantee the security and functioning of our website and, if necessary, to be able to track any illegal attacks on the website.
The legal basis for processing the IP address is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest ensues from said security interest and the necessity of the unobstructed availability of our website.
We cannot draw any direct conclusions about your identity from processing the IP address and other information in the log file.
If we transfer personal data collected through websites to processors, we will notify you in this data protection information regarding the respective data processing operation, citing the specific recipient.
Aside from that, we will transfer your personal data only if
- you have given explicit consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR;
- this is necessary pursuant to Article 6 (1) lit. b GDPR for the performance of a contract with you (for example, transfer to shipping companies for the purpose of delivering goods ordered by you, or transmitting payment information to payment service providers or credit institutions in order to process a payment transaction);
- there is a legal obligation for transfer pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR.
The recipients must not use the transferred data for any purposes other than the above-mentioned ones.
Cookies store information associated with the specific device used. That does not mean that we can directly identify you.. Cookies that are not absolutely technically necessary for you to use a web service expressly requested by you are only set after you have consented. You can give this consent via the cookie banner that is displayed when you visit the website. This consent then becomes the legal basis for the storage of and access to the content of the cookies (Sec. 15 (3) TMG in conjunction with Art. 5 (3) clause 1 of Directive 2002/58/EC).
The processing of personal data in the context of technically necessary cookies is based on our legitimate interest in providing our web services that you have expressly requested (Art. 6 (1) clause 1 lit. f GDPR, if applicable in conjunction with Art. 95 GDPR, Art. 5 (3) of Directive 2002/58/EC).
For example, we use so-called session cookies to allow session controls or to store data entries in forms or shopping carts during the session. Session cookies are deleted no later than when you close your browser.
Right of withdrawal
You may revoke your consent to the storage of and access to the content of the cookies at any time with effect for the future pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR or object to the use in whole or in part of cookies that are not technically necessary.
If you revoke your consent or object to the use, we will set a cookie (an opt-out cookie) that documents your decision and allows us to implement it. The opt-out cookie works only in this browser and only for our website. It is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to set the opt-out cookie again.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser to not store any cookies on your computer or to display a notice before new cookies are set. Completely disabling cookies may mean that you cannot make full use of all functions of our website.
Your revocation has no effect on the lawfulness of the processing activities we perform on the basis of our legitimate interests (Art. 6 (1) clause 1 lit. f) GDPR).
You have the right:
- pursuant to Art. 7(3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent at any time. This means that we may not continue the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to obtain access to your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, and the envisaged period for which the data will be stored. Moreover, you have the right to request rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing, to object to processing, the right to lodge a complaint, and to obtain information about the source of your data if they were not collected by us as well as about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about the details involved;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of your personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of personal data stored by us unless processing is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the personal data, or if we no longer need the personal data while you still require it for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims, or if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand the transfer of those data to another controller and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Generally, you may contact the supervisory authority of your usual residence, place of work or the registered offices of our organization.
All your personal data are transmitted in encrypted format, using the widely used and secure TLS (Transport Layer Security) standard. TLS is a secure and proven standard that is also used, for instance, in online banking. You will recognize a secure TLS connection by the additional s after http (i.e., https://...) in the address bar of your browser or by the lock icon in the bottom part of your browser window.
In all other regards, we use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulations, partial or complete loss, destruction, or the unauthorized access of third parties. We continuously improve our security measures in accordance with the state of the art.
The further development of our website and the products and services offered or changed due to statutory or regulatory requirements, respectively, may make it necessary to amend this data protection information. You may access and print out the latest data protection information at any time from our website.